Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congress presence

+2
Damien Wolf
Alias Vision
6 posters

Go down

Congress presence Empty Congress presence

Post  Alias Vision Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:47 pm

I had hoped to introduce a human resource bill in Congress this month but with the announced change to the skill structure, it might be less attractive.

So I would like us to discuss things that we as a party can/should start pushing for in Congress.

I was never a fan of relinquishing sovereignty but after Addy's Supernation address, I admit I re-considered. I've been here long enough to know it would be virtually impossible to maintain for a long period of time but it would, without question, bring a new dynamics that would be extremely enjoyable to see develop. So I find myself a proponent of Supernations, warts and all.

What else could we sink our teeth into? There is a very real window of opportunity now to provide Canada with leadership and ideas in the vacuum that is Congress. We can do so without the shrill tone of opposition or trolling, as it is often portrayed.

So another idea worth discussing is divesting the Government of all but core assets. By that I mean companies. Even if it were just kicking them down to army platoons. The Government should really only be involved in hospitals and defense systems and very little else. The only other requirement is training but with the amalgamation to one skill, that can be achieved with one company.

There is really very little value in strategic stockpiles. Trade is international enough and interests/money diversified enough that any real shortage would be short lived.

There is no specific Congress subfolder so hopefully here is ok. Smile

Alias Vision

Back to top Go down

Congress presence Empty Re: Congress presence

Post  Damien Wolf Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:05 am

I agree, we should really try to get activity in the congress but the thing is that we have only 4(?) people in congress? But then again i think if we can get activity up there many of the others will follow up.
Damien Wolf
Damien Wolf

http://erepavatars.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  aeriala Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:27 am

I can say I've been fairly active, making noob mistakes but a few of my ideas have been liked. And occasionally pissing ppl off just for fun.
aeriala
aeriala

Back to top Go down

Post  James McNamara Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:07 pm

I was elcected on a 'I'm not going to do anything' platform.
James McNamara
James McNamara

Back to top Go down

Post  Alias Vision Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Btw, this is not meant as a shot at anyone's activity. I was just pointing out that Congress is at a low right now and it could be a good opportunity for us. Smile

Alias Vision

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Wolf Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 pm

yah i totally get what Alias is trying to do, and i think we will benefit a lot if we become a bit active. And we can use that to get more people in next term.

Just my thought tho.
Damien Wolf
Damien Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy Lawrence Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:33 am

Supercountry all the way baby!

Kilgore Trout is obviously a proponent, I think that this has a lot of upside and no downside.

If our nation got wiped out, we would build it again and have fun doing it, that we the best run in the game.

If Supernation works, that would be fun too, can't lose.

Also, congressionals are coming up soon, we will have more than 4 at that time Smile
Addy Lawrence
Addy Lawrence

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:04 am

i'd candidate not sure if i'd win or anything lol

but i am all for the supernation, i think it brings a different dynamism to the game.
Damien Wolf
Damien Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  aeriala Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:50 pm

My current goal is to get this passed, I think I even got Chochi on board on this one. Immigration act It's weak but fits the current game mechanics and gives congress a recourse to unfavourable people getting elected and participating, plus it gives the CPF a spearhead on new law with our low rate atm. Let's work the simple shit first and push this to reclaim our place.
aeriala
aeriala

Back to top Go down

Post  aeriala Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:53 pm

I've called for a vote on this Immigration act If only one law gets passed this term it will be a CPF proposed law. In all likelyhood nothing will be done in congress this month other than this, lets take a leadership position and make the only thing done in congress this month a CPF victory.
aeriala
aeriala

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:44 am

Rallying other parties would be the best way to go (particularly our friends in the CEP). In the meantime our congress presence will have to rely on our showing in ten days.
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down