Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invitation to CP Candidates to Post Platform for Sep 5 Election

5 posters

Go down

Invitation to CP Candidates to Post Platform for Sep 5 Election Empty Invitation to CP Candidates to Post Platform for Sep 5 Election

Post  Addy Lawrence Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:03 pm

This thread is where CP candidates are asked to post their platform for the Sep 5 election.

I would like our forum vote to close on Sep 3 so that I can make the nomination in-game in plenty of time. The vote will last 24 hours so the competition must close on Sep 2. We would like a full 24 hours to debate your platform and have you respond to our questions and comments so the platform must be posted by Sep 1.

Good luck to all candidates and I look forward to the process, it has been a while since we have done this.

Last edited by Funky_Hum24n on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Aug=Sep)
Addy Lawrence
Addy Lawrence

Back to top Go down

Invitation to CP Candidates to Post Platform for Sep 5 Election Empty Rolo Tahmasee for CP - September 2010

Post  Rolo Tahmasee Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:22 am

Hello All, I will be running for CP in September and would like to receive your party's support

I will link to my campaign articles here as well as my platforms, please ask questions below so I can provide you with answers to the direction I seek for eCanada

I will update this post as I release more components of my platform for you to consider

Thank you

Rolo - CP Announcement - http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/rol ... 00805/1/20

Acacia Mason Endorsement - http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-cp ... 01123/1/20

Military Platform - http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/military-platform-rolo-tahmasee-for-cp-september-2010-1502393/1/20

Economic Platform - http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/economic-platform-rolo-tahmasee-for-cp-september-2010-1504180/1/20

Last edited by Rolo Tahmasee on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rolo Tahmasee

Back to top Go down

Invitation to CP Candidates to Post Platform for Sep 5 Election Empty Re: Invitation to CP Candidates to Post Platform for Sep 5 Election

Post  Kazuo Leblanc Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Stump Speech:

My name is Kazuo Leblanc and I seek your vote for Prime Minister.

I am a proud Canadian, having been born in British Columbia in January and never leaving Canada. I'm a bold, independent voice that will always do what I think is best for Canada. I'm passionate, persistent and not afraid to speak my mind. My talent for thinking on my feet lets me react near instantly to any potential threat or issue facing Canada. I will work to bring forth a bold, new Canada that asserts herself on the global stage. My plans to shake things up will bring forward a New Future for Canada.

Platform:

New War - Everyone always talks about MOAR WAR, but what do people mean by that? What I mean is putting together a new, long term war. I mean a war that will not last a day, or a week, or a month, but a war that we will be in for the long haul; one that will sustain our economy well past my term.

New World Order - What if Canada finally asserted herself on the world stage? What if Canada spearheaded a new alliance, focused on the Americas, and led that alliance to kick Phoenix's ass? Following our performance in the Second Faildom War, I think it's time for us to shake off this lens of being a middle power, and start throwing our weight around like Croatia and France.

New Education - What if we took the best parts of our e-University and turned them into something even better? What if we built that into a school that served all Canadians, and helped them become informed, engage citizens as quickly as possible, so we don't have to have the same debate every 6-8 weeks? I know that with our combined talent it's possible.

Why I'm running:

I'm running because we see the same faces in government over and over again. This has been something I have been concerned with for some time. As part of my campaign, I will be forming a cabinet with as few e-famous people as possible. There are plenty of people here who have the same talent, but haven't had a chance to shine.

I'm also running to restore the prominence and prestige of the CPF. Though it won't be a featured part of my campaign, my cabinet will be formed with as many CPFers as possible. We know how to govern shizz, and it's time we did.

I know what you're all thinking, that I have absolutely no experience. I point to the example of a former Prime Minister who had barely more experience than I when he made his successful bid. This Prime Minister took on an entrenched figure, won, rebuilt our economy with no formal economics training, and is now regarded as one of our best Prime Ministers.

In short, you don't need experience - you just can't be inhibited about pushing the button. As someone who has said many brash things in-game, and has not regretted any of them, I am that uncensored man who will take decisive action and lead Canada into a New Future.

Thank you for your support.
Kazuo Leblanc
Kazuo Leblanc

Back to top Go down

Invitation to CP Candidates to Post Platform for Sep 5 Election Empty Re: Invitation to CP Candidates to Post Platform for Sep 5 Election

Post  James McNamara Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:20 pm

If Kaz wants to throw in his hat, I say we let him! I've met the guy IRL he's a great guy!
James McNamara
James McNamara

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Wolf Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:42 am

All the best Kaz!
Damien Wolf
Damien Wolf

http://erepavatars.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy Lawrence Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:50 am

I have no issues with Kaz throwing his hat in the ring now, unfortunately we didn't get a chance to keep the competition closed and support him before we invited other support. Now we are committed to an open process and that would INCLUDE Kaz.
Addy Lawrence
Addy Lawrence

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolo Tahmasee Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:51 pm

updated above to include Economic Platform

Rolo Tahmasee

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy Lawrence Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:48 pm

@Rolo and Kazuo

Are your "moar war" strategies strictly for economic benefit or is there a political/military outcome desired (conquest / favours)
Addy Lawrence
Addy Lawrence

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolo Tahmasee Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:08 pm

My MOAR WAR Strategy is at this point to drive economic activity, interest in the game, for our citizens to become fluent and trained in military and as a means to roll our my new "Citizens Army"

Using these the main goal will be "National Pride" and bragging rights. If we are able to "Take London", or have another UK CP "rage quit" then that is a victory for us. (There is little point in keeping UK territory in the long run as their regions contain nothing we need) In the long term, these endeavors will be a benefit to eCanada should we be attacked or a major World Wide initiative break our where eCanada can be called upon as a key player through our organized and highly trained Military players

To Break it down

Acacia was the pre-season
The UK/France war will be the regular season, and through that we will be ready for when it really counts :The Playoffs

Rolo Tahmasee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazuo Leblanc Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Is there a conquest aspect to my New War platform? Absolutely.

In order to maintain and advance the raw material section of our economy, Canada could use a high iron region. Canada could also use taking a high iron region from a Phoenix member.

War in and of itself will only be so entertaining, and maintain the status quo. A New Future demands that we pursue smarter wars, that are longer lasting, with tangible goals we can rally to.

I haven't included this in my public platforms to keep a small hint of surprise for the greater New World.
Kazuo Leblanc
Kazuo Leblanc

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolo Tahmasee Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 pm

@ Kazou

how do you intend to wage this world war with eCanada alone?

Have you spoken to EDEN command about their interest in this World War endeavor of yours?

Are eCanadians interested in fighting now in EDEN wars? - because our history shows that they are not

Do you realize the cost of holding a valuable region such as Iron? Would the region recoup the investment in tax dollars? Since EDEN already has multiple Iron regions it is unlikely you will get their support, and unless you can guarantee the ability hold the region for long periods, no businessman would invest there - So where is the gain exactly?

There is a reason the US RENTED Karnataka, instead of trying to hold a region through military means

Rolo Tahmasee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down