Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CPF Clique; Fact or Fiction?

5 posters

Go down

The CPF Clique;  Fact or Fiction? Empty The CPF Clique; Fact or Fiction?

Post  Addy Lawrence Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:22 am

One complaint that I have heard in the past is that the CPF is too much of a "clique".

I'm concerned about that. It's good to keep things in the hands of those whom you trust however it is not good to stop developing trust in new people. I guess I'm saying that even though I dispute the claim, I do see the merit in it.

That said, to be candid, I put trust in Crazy and got burnt and now I'm gunshy.

Nontheless, I'm moving forward and when Aeriala suggested adding a thread like this, I saw that it was time. I regret not placing more trust with Aeriala sooner, she has done a great job sprucing up the forum and making it more "CPF Friendly".

A huge thanks to Aeriala for that.

Back to the notion of a clique. I promise, whether I"m PP or not, to be more inclusive by using this thread as opposed to the Privy Council thread.

Addy Lawrence
Addy Lawrence

Back to top Go down

The CPF Clique;  Fact or Fiction? Empty Re: The CPF Clique; Fact or Fiction?

Post  Homeless Joe Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 am

It's a tricky balance Addy. You've been a real rock for the party in stormy times. You've certainly earned my complete trust.

I do think we can probably get new players involved a bit more quickly than we have in the past. I've got a list on my office wall, meant for a different context, but one of the "rules" is "give them a title and get them involved". Smile
Homeless Joe
Homeless Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:34 pm

We need Party Presidents who can handle criticism because the two times we have had rage quits, that was the cause. I know Addy is tough for the job since he has had it before. I mean he even put up with PimpDollaz (I love that guy) in the Privy Council.

I just have major worries about voting for people I don't know, so please no one think I am cliquish for voting for Addy or Funky.

The CPF Clique;  Fact or Fiction? Mean-girls-update1
If I can be Lindsey Lohan though maybe I would accept the clique insult though
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 pm

The only cliquish thing I've seen is when members in the past like gofarman, pimpdollaz or acacia step out of line and immediately are shunned and cast out. Or when other parties go behind our backs, we lash out. This doesn't make us a clique but it's how we approach these betrayals and deal with members like Crazy that the image comes from (probably the other parties).

I still don't see it as a problem as people eventually figure what we did was right/acceptable or they forgive us. There might be other reasons but I don't worry about it at all.
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  aeriala Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Indeed a tricky subject, I believe things are right on track at the moment though in the media. If notions are going to be changed the public is the perfect place. In my platform I think is stated something about bridging the gap from the old CPF to the new CPF, this was a metafphor for the past to the present. I also talked about co-operation. Addy and Funky both did similar things in their platforms about working together. This is good news as if we keep presenting it and showing it and talking about it publically it should change the public idea. That's my opinion on it atleast. If we want the moose to keep charging, it's the right direction.

Last edited by aeriala on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
aeriala
aeriala

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Funky_Hum24n wrote:The only cliquish thing I've seen is when members in the past like gofarman, pimpdollaz or acacia step out of line and immediately are shunned and cast out. Or when other parties go behind our backs, we lash out. This doesn't make us a clique but it's how we approach these betrayals and deal with members like Crazy that the image comes from (probably the other parties).

I still don't see it as a problem as people eventually figure what we did was right/acceptable or they forgive us. There might be other reasons but I don't worry about it at all.

I blame DAL (Scorpius)
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy Lawrence Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 am

I'm glad we got it out in the open, I think the big take-away is how we react to the next transgression, perceived or otherwise, and manage "clique" behaviour.
Addy Lawrence
Addy Lawrence

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down