Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets Rebuild

3 posters

Go down

Lets Rebuild Empty Lets Rebuild

Post  SaraD Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi, I will send this in game as well as post here. I am prolly the oldest CPFer left. I do NOT want PP or CP! I want our honourable Party back in the top 5! Let me these FACTS clear: Funky should, imo, remain PP until we return to the top 5. Who we vote for in CP elections should be HIS decision until then also. This is extreme but needed. I am NOT after power.

The question then remains how do we return to the top 5? This is hard but doable.

A. We drop ALL our old policies and start radical new ones: The old ones haven't worked so may as well!
I would suggest:
1. 'Radical' tax cuts: This will encourage people to move here!
2. Large scale investment in self supply networks - this increases tax income!
3. Stockpiling of weapons and cash reserves to be used in event of eCanada being attacked (given the Polish proximity this is wise).
4. Return of CSIS for vetting national applicants AND Congressmen/PP applicants (a form of MI5).
5. Cessation of UK war (if possible) and Liberation of eUSA and then France! (in current circumstances). Addy says they won't stop. Maybe not for him. Why USA and France? Because we can be invaded from there!
6. Apprenticiships for new players in the eMinistries! Gets them involved and learning.
7. We publish this a thought paper in English and French and vote on a new agenda if we have 20 members as a result.

Ok there are 7 points and 7 of us.... I would suggest that IF funky agrees we chose a topic each for an article - Join the CPF! Funky can then summarise at then end. The articles should be spaced in time between them, so every other day say (upto the PP).

I merely make a suggestion as to how we get back up to the top 5. A. Be topical! Talking about the eUSA and eUK wars means alot more than 'we shall continue to establish Eden relations" etc. B. Be radical! What if we had 0% VAT? How many people would come to eCanada? How would we vet them?

The point is to establish us a serious Party with an alternative visiion from the current Government, where debate is welcome.

I look forward to your thoughts and NO (again) I am not standing for PP! I shall reply to answers ONLY on our forums!

Sara

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Lets Rebuild Empty Re: Lets Rebuild

Post  Funky_Hum24n Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:25 am

I've actually been thinking about some of those ideas for a long time. I rember advocating back in August for example that we should NE Poland or that we should lower taxes back in September to force a restraint on MU funding to help better allocate their spending. I can flesh out each of these ideas, but I always seem to be at odds with the MUs and this platform would definently irritate them, particularly the VAT decrease.

I'll need to sleep on them. It wasn't that long ago since I put out a revised platform on Oct. 22, but I'm liking what I'm reading Sara.

I would call myself the oldest CPFer though. Joined on the first day. : Cool
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraD Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:44 am

I recant that claim of being the oldest then in your favour farao

My points are merely meant as a starting points with which we can start a enational debate for radical reform and thus entice people to our Party where the future is up for debate! I would suggest that we intoduce each agreed pont as 'Radical Reform Agenda: Tax Debate/Judicial Debate etc etc' for example. We end with a pic of the old blue Moose and a suitable message such as 'Make your Future; Join the CPF!/CPF: The Future in your Hands'.

We should also have an article on long and honourable history! ALL articles should be in English and Frog (I can probably get jfstpierre to do a decent translation - or Chucky).

The point is to have thought provoking ideas, contemporary and relevant, and 'reach out' to others and engage them in OUR debate. The precise points we raise are not as relevant as the debates themselves. I listed a few possible areas where we could engage others but there are many more that spring to mind. Help for new players; MU control over the battles they fight in: Presidential authority in times of emergency (Addy did it last month); judicial reform - is it needed? etc etc etc... Take your pick!

I am happy to write the articles on the topics the Party agree to address but they should be published by the PP on our official paper and not by me as a private individual.

If the Party wishes to meet on IRC to decide which topics we should address I shall make myself free if you give me 24hrs notice. Life is hectic here in Europe as we are about to see an Italian debt default for which there is NO 'bailout' possible but I digress.

Vive the CPF! Lets get this Partaay started!

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:45 pm

I see. Well I'm fine with having you or other party members publish the articles. Perhaps we start with foreign policy article and then set a public IRC meeting on it?
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraD Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 am

Ok will do a debate document for fp and submit here and in game for Party consultation first before we go public... May take me a few days as I have to lecture on Mondays atm.

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

You... lecture? At a University?
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraD Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Yep - Cambridge (UK) postgrad.

Anyway I banged out a few thoughts, probably needs tidying but wanted to get some ideas down on paper. Would need ALOT of work before article campaign starts: "CPF: Putting the Future in Your Hands!"

eCanada Foreign Policy: CPF Consultation

Does the eUK war provide medals? Debatable. Is it profitable? ALL war is profitable for an economy: Historicaly rearming for WW2 ended the 1930s 'Depression' and we may well see a similar result in todays Europe in the next 10 yrs. For eCanada it fuels our arms industries which provides workers with wages and our Government with tax and workers spend their wages on food etc which again produces tax. The tax is then re-invested in the MUs (Military) who then continue the war... If a Government wise it might withold some it's revenue and store arms or something but essentialy the cycle never stops. This is true of ANY war so the question then becomes are we fighting the RIGHT war?

We have been fighting the UK war, with a brief ceasefire, for nearly a year. We even had London once and were wiped off the map twice. There is an unmistakeable conclusion militarily; this war is a stalemate. From time to time one side will gain an advantage but, short of a sudden population boom on either side, it WILL NOT be held. It is totaly fruitless and moves NEITHER country forwards.

Our current President, Addy Lawrence, says he would like to end this war but eUK refuses. In his desire to end the war he certainly has a point as we are not getting anywhere fast. I wonder at his means though: Offering a ceasefire (Addy says) is rejected. I can believe this as ONE are in eUSA (though Addy tells me not likely to attack us - strange!). What else could we offer to end this war? An Alliance perhaps that would alow us both into Asia? Ley them go first (as Addy proposed with Ireland) and then we mop up. Obviously eIrish liberation and even participation in such a scheme would be required. This would also alow us to direct troops to eUSA liberation while the Brits and Irish were swapping through and would potentialy benefit all three countries. We may even slowly wean eUK off their old treachery and back to it's roots. Could we trust them? Providing eIreland was liberated first and followed them I believe we could handle any breach of such an agreement. Then let the Chinese and Russian bots slaughter them! Meanwhile we could help liberate eUSA and plan eFrance liberation.

Let us examine this plan geo-politicaly: We are NOT threatened from the East; China and Russia are allies. I am sure why Addy wishes to invade them though swaps may be advantageous in some cases. Our threats stand currently in: The south - eUSA invasion. The west a. ePoland in eFrance and the west b. eUK. eUK war is a stalemate - nobody can win. IF we can offer them a better target we can perhaps end their threat... if this means an MPP all the better as then we are safe from them for a known period of time. Could they realisticly get into Asia? Doubtful unless they changed alliance... Ireland may have better luck.

In the meantime our priority should be covert eUSA liberation ie. NOT attacking regions held by ONE but via MPP and troop movement if necessary. Only then can we think about clearing the final threat: eFrance.

Addy Lawrence purports to be strongly supportive of our allies but ALL our forces are committed an unwinable war. I am NOT saying this WILL end the eUK war but an article proposing such terms published in eUK, after a private offer to their MoFa, would be bound to have an effect. Even if they said no at first other similar deals are possible that they MIGHT agree to and each proposal should be published in the eUK until they eventualy get the idea. Necessarily similar reasoning would have be explained time and time again at home and investment in supply networks promised to MUs to keep them happy and sent south.

We have 3 fronts: We cannot win on the eUK front - we MUST negotiate closure of this front. They may not accept the offer I have outlined but their public deserve to know every conciliatory offer we make until they do accept! We can then help eUSA and eFrance with the aim of our own security firmly in mind.

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Asia for Ireland or the UK is a big no for me. We tried that ourselves and through the combination of rogue citizens, priority battles elsewhere (London), medal hunters and enemy nations we couldn't even hold our American territories. For Ireland and the UK this would be impossible. I agree Addy has messed up at what even Aeriala was able to achieve. Our objective right now should be to establish to the UK that Ireland is part of our sphere of influence. WE must liberate Ireland fully. Then we:
1. Return all Irish region to Ireland as we would have to otherwise endure resource-diverting RWs and irritate the UK
2. Do not attack the UK's regions. Instead, maintain a holding pattern. We are the stronger country, so when the UK attacks us, we will hold off every attack, making evident how much of a stalemate this is to everyone. This would establish a de facto peace anyways.
3. Tell the Irish CP that if he attacks to the UK, eCanada will refuse to sign an MPP with them.

Then we NE Poland once peace has been established, alongside Ireland and hopefully Russia.

What Poland has been good at is keeping their colonies in just three countries. Add in three or four more desperate countries and it will be the straw that breaks the monster's back. Hopefully once America and France are liberated we can return to Japan, where we would gain countrol of their fruit region and attain our natural apex.
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 pm

I also think RL war in Europe would break it rather than stimulate it, even if it was ten years from now. There would no Marshall Plan from the US on standby if the war spread to the major metropolitan areas of the big countries.
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

Back to top Go down

Post  klop123 Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:26 am

interesting points

klop123

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraD Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:10 am

I think it was the Polish Finance Minister who predicted war in 10yrs: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-09-15/europe/30159121_1_eu-funds-green-card-shocks As it is democracy is essentialy over, or at very least 'on hold' in Greece and Italy where they now have Prime Ministers who have never been elected - they are not even MPs!

Will push on with our campaign after Tuesday: What part next?

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Lets Rebuild Empty Campaign Start Off Article

Post  SaraD Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:01 pm

The nCPF: Putting YOUR Future in YOUR Hands

Nearly three months ago, former nCPF member, Aeriala introduced his Presidential campaign in an article titled The Decline of Canadian Politics. In this article he said some things which appeal to most eCanadians. What struck me most was this; "I can take a lot of critisism and it doesn't bother me. People jump to the conclusion I'm suddenly anti this and anti that because I question things. This is believe it or not how gov't should work. Without questioning things what is there but a large circle jerk of 'YES men'"

There's a few TRUTHS here: Firstly that questioning is NOT disagreeing; it is about seeking alternative and possibly... just possibly(!) better solutions. Secondly ANY form of Government, in a game or in real life, that is NOT questioned is by default a form of elitist dictatorship. Even if it's from apathy that you have not questioned your Government they will take your apathy as consent to do whatever they dam well want!* (See notes bottom for my real life experience of this).

This brings us to the current debate over the 'leaked' converstions in Congress that joining ONE is being discussed. Rigour6's excellent article The Mouse that (thought it) Roared refers again to the epolitical 'elitism' and I quote "The level of trust between the great unwashed like myself and the political elites simply will not support much weight. If this hadn’t been leaked (which it so was going to be, the who and when are details), people would now be saying “where’s the consultation? You’ve already made your minds up. Elites running the show,” etc etc etc." Is this a matter of our apathy? It would seem not... According to irishboy1967s recent popular poll of 157 people who bothered to take his survey 59% (87 votes) support our staying with both Terra and Eden compared to 10% (14 votes) who supported joining ONE. Should we join ONE therefore 14 people from this survey would impose their will against 143 others who support other options.

Sadly as President Aeriala, although we managed briefly to take London, did little to renew the trust between the 'great unwashed' and the political elite class that Rigour6 speaks of and after one term he was replaced by the current CP (another old CPF member!) who while a 'safe pair of hands' IS a lifelong member of the 'political elite'. It is hardly surprising therefore that such would-be clandestine talk of joining ONE is continued within the 'circles of power'. Is it any wonder that we distrust our epoliticians?

It's YOUR Future: Relaunching eDemocracy

You may have thought us dead at the Canadian Progressive Front and perhaps rightfuly, but we have merely slumbered and perhaps overly long! In the coming two weeks we shall be presenting a series of articles and hosting online debates; from redifining the Constitution to Future Economic Policy, to re-invigorate Canadian edemocracy. ALL VIEWS ARE WELCOME! Each article will have an online debate 2 days later and members of any political Party or MU, or even non eCanadians are invited to comment, on the articles, in debates or in our forums which can be found here: https://praetorhq.canadian-forum.com/

In the slumber of Canadian Progressive Front some things have become clear: Our elected epoliticians have become a 'cabal': When was the last time you heard how your Congressman/Lady had voted? What the MoFa had been doing? The very fact that they are now discussing joining ONE, clearly against OUR wishes, MUST act a warning signal to us all to take back our Country!

By launching these debates the CPF aims to re-impower YOU! It is YOUR country and it the power MUST be in YOUR hands. Join our debates and argue or join us for the eCanadian future of democracy.

*My recent real life experience of this 'elitism' came last month: I am Anglo-Polish in real life (dual nationality) and last month in Britain there was a vote in the House of Commons about having a referendum on this whole European disaster (ie. should we get out?). Well I am highly anti Euro so I wrote to my MP and asked her to vote FOR the referendum (we're in the same Party and I know her personaly) as people haven't had a vote here since 1975. She proceeded to vote against the referendum. According to polls 67% of the population WANT a referendum. She replied with excuses and I quote part of my subsequent reply: "While I may disagree with those who hold a contrary opinion to my own I respect their right to that opinion. Sadly you seem less respectful of the opinions of an estimated 67% of the population, including myself. I take it we are still living in 'representative democracy' and you chose to represent 33% of the population and probably far less a percentage of OUR Party. If this is the democracy you represent I cannot personaly support it."

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraD Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:32 pm

The nCPF: Putting YOUR Future in YOUR Hands Part 2. Congressional Duties

In the first Canadian Progressive Front article in this series we pledged to restore edemocracy and political debate to eCanada. The most obvious starting point is by questioning the role of the Congressman/Lady. So lets start this debate by asking: Why do YOU vote for your Congress representative? You liked an article by them? They are in your Party and 'Party Unity' demands it? Perhaps you know quite well from IRC chat? It could be argued that any and all are good enough reasons and better than a 'pretty girl avatar'!

More importantly what do you GET from your Congressman/Lady? Well they get a little bit richer compared to you OR you can get richer by being bribed! I can quote an example in the following exchange:

Offer: "I am offering to pay 20 Q5 Tanks for a vote. If you like, join ****** here http:****** and cast a vote for (redacted). Reply to this with his vote # and I will send you the tanks."

Reply: "Nah ty, sry I don't do bribes. Best wishes."

Second Offer: "'encouragement'...to cover the cost to your dignity for voting for me Razz"

Second Reply: "My dignity/honour is worth more tanks than this game has - and times that galaxies. Sorry, I don't budge."

At this point the would briber gave up and replied "Nah, don't worry, I respect your dignity." This is a true exchange but it is NOT our aim here to name the guilty pr cast stones but change the system! I wonder though how many succumbed to these approaches? Can we be surprised that 'political elites' have control? They GET money from being elected, they decide what to do with OUR money and we never ask a question? Latest we heard they were discussing eCanada joining ONE... against a survey view where only 10% would support such a move. What on earth is going on?

nCPF Demands and Suggestions

Demand: We in the Canadian Progressive Front DEMAND that every Party and person declare before the next Congressional election whether, if elected, they will support joining ONE. This is NOT about joining ONE but about knowing what you are voting for! It's about taking back YOUR future! It's called democracy! It is however a vital issue and we MUST know NOW before we vote!

Suggestions: That the Speaker of Congress (or his/her representative) be Constitutionaly duty bound to list in an article ALL votes and debates within Congress on a weekly basis. Why sensitive debates are excluded should be explained.

That ALL budgets be published by article.

That ALL Congressmen/Ladies declare how they voted in each matter. If they refuse this moderate expenditure of time what can we surmise of their intentions?

We at the Canadian Progressive Front WELCOME your views! It is your country and we wish to represent you! As our first article said we will be holding an IRC debate in two days (have to sort time here Boss) on the question of 'Congressional Duties/political elitism'. We welcome comments to this article and our future ones below or at our forums here: https://praetorhq.canadian-forum.com/

We believe eCanada can be better! We need YOUR help and active participation to fulfill YOUR goals! It's your country silly! Take it back!

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:01 pm

I've always wondered about creating pledges for Congressmembers where they pledge to post at least 20 times in Congress. Punishment is a public reprimand by the Speaker.
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraD Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Is a possible solution but asks alot of the Speaker - nor do we know what they are chatting about.

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:52 pm

SaraD wrote:Is a possible solution but asks alot of the Speaker - nor do we know what they are chatting about.
I think one article isn't too much to ask. Include the idea if you want. I'll just be wondering what our broad theme is in the meantime, trying to merge the tenets and articles I've written with your viewpoints.
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraD Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:00 am

I think our main theme is what might be called 'Conservative Revolution' (not that we should say so). Its about empowering the individuals against the 'elites', taking responsibility for your own ecountry, standing with our allies, lowering taxes to empower individual choices; empowerment, freedom of choice, accountability and honouring our old alliances! So yea 'Conservative Revolution' is about right Twisted Evil Just have to point out the flaws of current theory and people will work out the rest for themselves - hopefuly.

As I have time on my hands atm can we kick off today with articles 'The nCPF: Putting YOUR Future in YOUR Hands' and follow swiftly tomorrow - election day - with 'The nCPF: Putting YOUR Future in YOUR Hands Part 2. Congressional Duties'? Then we can do first debate on Saturday (evening for me) at 1600 erep time... I need jfs to reply on translation I suppose idealy as my Frog lingo is not of the Quebecois variety and somewhat rusty. I think it's VERY IMPORTANT for us to demand answers from would-be Congressmen on the ONE issue though before the election.

In case you are wondering about my 'zeal' on these issues I am being totaly honest: I DO care passionately about them! In the long history of Britain, Poland, Europe and the wider world how many of our ancestors have died for freedom? Countless times people have risen against 'elites' of one colour or another, countless times they demanded their rights to decide for themselves what to do with their money (the fruits of thier labour) against well intentioned and bad intentioned 'idealists' and their doctrinal 'ologies'. Yet TODAY in Europe we have unelected Prime Ministers in both Greece and Italy for sake of an insane 'European idealism' and it's mad currency the Euro. Our freedom of choice is derived from God alone - it is the moral choice; for Eve it was eat apple or not? All ideaologies seek to undermine this central choice that we are born with; they think they 'know better'. Be it communism, fascism, the Mullahs in Iran or todays 'Europeanism' they ALL claim to act for own good but all are, imo, fundamentaly wrong. People are the best natural deciders of their OWN fate - to tell what to do for their own good or whatever spurious motive a person may have is akin to forcing Eve to bite the apple - and not even the serpent in Eden did that.

I hope this explains a little of my reasoning. In real life we stand at present on this dilemna - we always have done in truth - we either succumb to elitist 'bankocracy' or we reclaim our God given right to decide for ourselves... some apples are yummy and very good for you! So yes I count my glass of wine over Laura Sandys MP as a small protest well spent as part of this age long struggle for freedom. (Yep I am doing a Phd in Philosophy lol).

SaraD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum