Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parties between us and the Top Spot.

5 posters

Go down

Parties between us and the Top Spot. Empty Parties between us and the Top Spot.

Post  Banach Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:13 pm

As of February 3rd.

1. The Democratic Action League
195 Members
Led by TemujinBC

2. EPIC
123 Members
Led by Luke Peters

3. Military Dictatorship Party
93 Members
Led by Rylde

4. Ministry of Opportunity
78 Members
Led by Addy Lawrence

5. Union Nationale
78 Members
Led by Pascal14G

6. Democratic Action League (WTF?...was this chaos?)
58 Members
Led by Alastar Aingleis

7. Canadian Paradox Party
52 Members
Led by 00AngryMobMan00

We're 8th at 51.

There's no competition behind us with the 9th party having 13.

We are currently LAST in terms of solid, serious parties.

While there are some good party leaders up there that I do respect, it does not mean we should be where we are right now.

Given the tradition of the CPF to dominate every election it participates in, its time to

a) Ditch the CPF moniker: It lived a glorious life, it was fun, its time for a new name, new victory, new dominance.
b) Climb that ladder, recruit, promote, market, do whatever is reasonable and mature to do. (Don't spam for instance)

The CPF should be the most mature party there is. The most serious YET the most laid back.

German efficiency, Italian flair, Japanese inventiveness and a Canadian identity. That's the car we should be.

Banach

Back to top Go down

Parties between us and the Top Spot. Empty Re: Parties between us and the Top Spot.

Post  Spencer Magee Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:53 pm

I never thought we'd see the day when the CPP would outrank us in membership Sad

We've been in an agonizing, downward spiral ever since Acacia Mason reagquit on us, only in the past two months have we had a dramatic decline in membership. Maybe a new identity will help, though I'm curious if you had any ideas in mind Question If we're going to start formulating a new party message maybe have it correlate around the message, though that has yet to be determined.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Parties between us and the Top Spot. Empty Re: Parties between us and the Top Spot.

Post  Exalted Druid Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:43 pm

We minds well get all our options on the table. Has anyone thought merger? MOO is an off shoot of our own MOOse. Addy was our daddy first.
Exalted Druid
Exalted Druid
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 am

Hmm. Maybe a Fight Club themed party?
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  Banach Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 am

Exalted Druid wrote:We minds well get all our options on the table. Has anyone thought merger? MOO is an off shoot of our own MOOse. Addy was our daddy first.

Yeah, a merger would be a good idea.

However, and this is important, I recommend we become a serious party to gain leverage.

I don't want us becoming absorbed.

The only mergers we should agree to would be on our terms.

And I messaged all the lower parties than us...really more for the lulz than anything telling them to join CPF and all that.

Banach

Back to top Go down

Post  Banach Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:25 am

Funky_Hum24n wrote:Hmm. Maybe a Fight Club themed party?

Don't think that's the best idea...but definitely a tribute to TFD has to be somewhere...he was one of the greatest players in this game.

Banach

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 am

Banach wrote:

Don't think that's the best idea...but definitely a tribute to TFD has to be somewhere...he was one of the greatest players in this game.
Darn.
scratch
Hard to think of a completely creative rebranding. Looking at the American and British Top 5, the parties are all just generic anyway. It's easy to think of names like the Canadian Commonwealth Part or the Reformist Bloc of Canada. Maybe one with real Canadian symbols. Example being perhaps, (not likely) the Canadian Warriors with Native Canadian imagery. Just brainstorming. Did you have an idea of what NPC party was going to be like Banach?
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:00 am

Exalted Druid wrote:We minds well get all our options on the table. Has anyone thought merger? MOO is an off shoot of our own MOOse. Addy was our daddy first.

That'd be so awkward. A number of CPF raegquitters are in MOO.

Just putting this out there but I've heard merger ideas from MDP and DAL
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Banach Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:42 am

Funky_Hum24n wrote:
Banach wrote:

Darn.
scratch
Hard to think of a completely creative rebranding. Looking at the American and British Top 5, the parties are all just generic anyway. It's easy to think of names like the Canadian Commonwealth Part or the Reformist Bloc of Canada. Maybe one with real Canadian symbols. Example being perhaps, (not likely) the Canadian Warriors with Native Canadian imagery. Just brainstorming. Did you have an idea of what NPC party was going to be like Banach?

Doesn't have to be out of this world...a simple change is enough.

NPC...National Progress Coalition seems like something that could appeal to many people. Centre-Right politics focused on the military and foreign affairs...small government,very limited social services, great economy.

Banach

Back to top Go down

Post  Alias Vision Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:27 am

I like the native imagery but I'm not sure how to incorporate that with a name and rebranding.

I also agree with Banach on the right wing/small government stance... however... we need a pet project. Something to stand us apart and we won't do that if we just talk military and foreign affairs. So it has to be social and no, I don't have any ideas what exactly just now.

MOO is successful right now because they are different than all other parties.
You could argue that MDP was as well (although others have focused on the military, none quite as successfully).
DAL, UN and EPIC are the generic parties and of those, only the last is thriving.

Alias Vision

Back to top Go down

Post  Banach Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Alias Vision wrote:I like the native imagery but I'm not sure how to incorporate that with a name and rebranding.

We can always add that into our new logo and/or banner! For ex a feather or tomahawk

I also agree with Banach on the right wing/small government stance... however... we need a pet project. Something to stand us apart and we won't do that if we just talk military and foreign affairs. So it has to be social and no, I don't have any ideas what exactly just now.

Perhaps you are right! We should put some ideas together in the coming days/weeks

MOO is successful right now because they are different than all other parties.
You could argue that MDP was as well (although others have focused on the military, none quite as successfully).
DAL, UN and EPIC are the generic parties and of those, only the last is thriving.

Banach

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum