Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for revitalizing the party!

4 posters

Go down

Ideas for revitalizing the party! Empty Ideas for revitalizing the party!

Post  Banach Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Does anyone have some fresh ideas that we can all share to improve the party?

For one, I think we should make a concerted effort to release weekly newspaper articles from the "Moose" newspaper we had going.

Also good would be a better showing in Parliament. We can do better than one person. Seriously. We can easily get a few in the maritimes with strategic voting squads.

Overall, the forum is the main thing that needs work. What a forum does is showcase the party to members and non-members alike. Make it professional (preferably dark colours like the old one, use the old banners or make a new one (can always ask an eCanadian to make one for small price!) and clean up the forum by removing obsolete/irrelevant subforums, add new ones, update party leadership/ambassadors of our party to others and vice versa

Forum improvement=party improvement, trust me, trust me, trust me.

Anyone else has some more unorthodox tips? Razz

Cheers,

Banach

Banach

Back to top Go down

Ideas for revitalizing the party! Empty Re: Ideas for revitalizing the party!

Post  Exalted Druid Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:26 pm

You did a good job with the old forums. Though JB took all the credit after you left. To bad we lost control of them. I would defiantely recommend you getting access to make improvements.

Remember your posts as the CPF Moose in our forums and in erepublik? They were funny and raised the parties profile. It was like the Moose was his own character.
Exalted Druid
Exalted Druid
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Banach Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Exalted Druid wrote:You did a good job with the old forums. Though JB took all the credit after you left. To bad we lost control of them. I would defiantely recommend you getting access to make improvements.

Remember your posts as the CPF Moose in our forums and in erepublik? They were funny and raised the parties profile. It was like the Moose was his own character.

JB is a dick. I did 95% of the work. All he did was advise me on how to do basic admin work which I thanked him for. I did all the organization and format of the forum.

And yeah, CPF Moose (Admin) was the best! It was good to have.

Banach

Back to top Go down

Post  Auk Rest Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Hey I decided to check back in again guys - and I agree with Banach. The old forum was much much better than this one is. I have to say when I first signed up on the old one back in January last year that what really drew me in were those darker colors the old wbesite used to have. When JB "renovated" it - I thought it looked like crap and I finally just had to deal.

Also a suggestion: Activity, I mean six of the ten posters on the "Top Posters" board are either dead/inactive here/not a party member. We need new blood, and we really have failed at that, I can't put a finger on any newer active member on these forums since June with Lise and Aeriala.

Just some advice from someone who loved this party dearly for a year.

-Auk
Auk Rest
Auk Rest

Back to top Go down

Post  Banach Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 pm

I totally agree with you Auk!

Activity is abysmal. No point in beating around the bush. The whole point is that a revival of the party will attract members. Its simple as that.

And yes, this forum is shit. Old one with the dark background was fantastic.

Banach

Back to top Go down

Post  Auk Rest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Around December we had a member whose name was Les Paul that tried to revitalize the party as well. In any case, he actually was a foreigner and left after congress - but his ideas and advice were actually legitimate. What frustrated me the most was that there was a whole lot of talk about this revitilization and nothing actually happened. We tried recruitment efforts with mass-messaging later when our party was fifth place in danger of falling out of the top five, and these were inneffective - and they seem to have all together stopped now?

This party does need a rebranding. Very few people respect our party anymore and to me at least it seems as to some people we are a laughing stock. This always makes me angry when I remember back when CPF kicked all of their asses at congress. This party's fate was set when CrazyMofo ragequit - and Addy saw it before any of the rest of us.

Let's rebrand the party and cast a new image. Even with just a few people we can all actually put in the hard work and write articles out of Moose Tracks, encourage new members to join and create an atmosphere of activity.

And all of this comes from a hypocrite... I'm gone from Canada and I do not have an intention of coming back, but I still do wish this party the best and I would have that "feel good" moment if only in the slightest detail I helped get us back, or if I am not around still then I would hope that you were on the track to recovery.

Edit: And to put the perspective of activity around here - Banach joined two days ago on this forum and is four posts away from becoming one of our top twenty posters. With twenty-eight posts.

Last edited by Auk Rest on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Auk Rest
Auk Rest

Back to top Go down

Post  Banach Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:24 am

Auk Rest wrote:Around December we had a member whose name was Les Paul that tried to revitalize the party as well. In any case, he actually was a foreigner and left after congress - but his ideas and advice were actually legitimate. What frustrated me the most was that there was a whole lot of talk about this revitilization and nothing actually happened. We tried recruitment efforts with mass-messaging later when our party was fifth place in danger of falling out of the top five, and these were inneffective - and they seem to have all together stopped now?

Don't worry, it takes drastic measures but I promise it will work. People respect hard work. We'll give them something they can't help but join up.

This party does need a rebranding. Very few people respect our party anymore and to me at least it seems as to some people we are a laughing stock. This always makes me angry when I remember back when CPF kicked all of their asses at congress. This party's fate was set when CrazyMofo ragequit - and Addy saw it before any of the rest of us.

Legacy is legacy. If anyone asks, CPF kicked their asses...hard. MANY TIMES. In every aspect of the game. And the great thing is....we'll do it again.

Let's rebrand the party and cast a new image. Even with just a few people we can all actually put in the hard work and write articles out of Moose Tracks, encourage new members to join and create an atmosphere of activity.

Right. A few dedicated people make all the differences.

And all of this comes from a hypocrite... I'm gone from Canada and I do not have an intention of coming back, but I still do wish this party the best and I would have that "feel good" moment if only in the slightest detail I helped get us back, or if I am not around still then I would hope that you were on the track to recovery.

I have no clue who you were before this, but I do appreciate your willingness to help, its more than respectable and likewise appreciated.

Edit: And to put the perspective of activity around here - Banach joined two days ago on this forum and is four posts away from becoming one of our top twenty posters. With twenty-eight posts.

I'm cool like that!

Banach

Back to top Go down

Post  Alias Vision Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:50 am

This may or may not help but it's my impressions of the party both as an insider and an outsider.

CPF was the dominant force it was because it had the biggest personalities, the best ideas and the most presence.

However, it was also extremely arrogant and I often thought it lacked political instincts (i.e. when to be aggressive, when to lay low).

So if you take that as a primer the road map is simple in theory:
-come up with some good ideas (the dialogue has started there)
-increase our presence (that just means we have to be willing to put in a little more effort, me first as a Congressman)
-the personalities will come if the first two are successful

Also something that can be said of almost all the parties is that they are not really welcoming. Again EPIC may be the exception here. Whenever we are thinking of ideas and whatnot, we should always be keeping in the back of our minds... how will this affect/enhance things. Find a way to increase people's fun and we can rise once more.

Alias Vision

Back to top Go down

Post  Banach Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Alias Vision wrote:This may or may not help but it's my impressions of the party both as an insider and an outsider.

CPF was the dominant force it was because it had the biggest personalities, the best ideas and the most presence.

However, it was also extremely arrogant and I often thought it lacked political instincts (i.e. when to be aggressive, when to lay low).

So if you take that as a primer the road map is simple in theory:
-come up with some good ideas (the dialogue has started there)
-increase our presence (that just means we have to be willing to put in a little more effort, me first as a Congressman)
-the personalities will come if the first two are successful

Also something that can be said of almost all the parties is that they are not really welcoming. Again EPIC may be the exception here. Whenever we are thinking of ideas and whatnot, we should always be keeping in the back of our minds... how will this affect/enhance things. Find a way to increase people's fun and we can rise once more.

I agree with you completely.

Banach

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down