Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Handle a Wes Lewis Win

+6
Bob Turkee
curtis l
Funky_Hum24n
Spencer Magee
andrew chuckleton
Wilhelm Gunter
10 posters

Go down

How to Handle a Wes Lewis Win Empty How to Handle a Wes Lewis Win

Post  Wilhelm Gunter Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Spencer (LOL, why am I not surprised?) in comments in this article: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/the-janitors-what-are-we--1626531/1/20 brought up the topic of impeaching Wes tomorrow, should he win the election.

How do we, the CPF, collectively, deal with this idea? Does it hurt our credibility as a party to come out publicly as in support of this idea? There does seem to be some cross political support for this - Bob Turkee, John Cleese, Spencer Magee have already espoused support of this idea.

Spencer himself has already proposed an impeachment in the past.

My concern, is will it come back to bite us in the butt? Do we set a precedent that simply because we don't like/don't trust someone as CP, that's good enough to impeach? Suppose we, the CPF (either alone or other parties) elect a candidate, might he or she get impeached the next day as well? Or is this a unique situation? If we wait for the right moment to pounce - ie, a Wes Lewis mistake of such giant proportions - then we risk a situation similar to Rolo's - Wes would simply walk off with the Canadian Treasury, especially since Wes is a Rolo/Nosefire stooge.

I'm going to talk to the DAL & EPIC & MOO PP's about this - see what they think. I don't think the CPF should be doing this alone. We need cross political support.

As an aside, IF it is decided this a wise course of action, I would like Spencer to make the ingame proposal - I'd love to see him become the first eCanadian with TWO Impeachment proposals! LOL.

Wilhelm Gunter
Wilhelm Gunter

Back to top Go down

How to Handle a Wes Lewis Win Empty Re: How to Handle a Wes Lewis Win

Post  andrew chuckleton Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:58 pm

I fully support this idea both as an individual and as a party. It is clear that this is not a true majority vote electing Wes and to me seems to be a "special circumstance" and am not concerned with it being the beginning of a bigger problem or pattern.

andrew chuckleton

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:04 pm

If there is a good case against him, if the evidence is presented that he HAS stolen before, we should have every right. I mean, FUCK these made up stupid laws we have, if the guy is going to steal don't give him the opportunity!

aAnd lol Gunter, this would be my third impeachment proposal actually if it happened.

But see what everyone is thinking first.

Temujin said he'd refuse to allow access to the government ORG's at the least should Wes win.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Impeach him.
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Funky_Hum24n wrote:Impeach him.

Blunt and forward, I like \o/
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  curtis l Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm

The problem is we can't do it alone, we only have four congressmen.

If you think we have enough support then I'm all for it, if not, then I think we'd better wait and keep it to ourselves.

Temujin said he'd refuse to allow access to the government ORG's at the least should Wes win.

I don't know Temujin too well, but that doesn't make me feel much better. Sad

curtis l

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Turkee Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Though I support the content of the article and am weary about getting Wes Lewis as CP I am not sure it is a wise move to have the party support this idea. The members might, but the party should not go public support imo.

But if all the top 5 parties unanimously decide to go against him, (norsfire ruled out obviously), it would be different, the party should of course its support. But alone it will not look good.

But I honestly think he should be given a chance. I do believe he is a loose cannon and a risk to have in the position of CP. But unless there is a huge political front supporting this I do believe that this might make the party look foolish in the long run
Bob Turkee
Bob Turkee

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/2605572

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy Lawrence Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:14 pm

I still have access to this and I've been invited to comment.

I personally don't like Wes and I didn't vote for him. However, he appears poised to win the election based on the "rules of the game" and this must be respected.

To impeach out of spite is not good politics, people will only wait for a chance to strike you down in return out of spite. Wes has proven in the past that with enough rope he will hang himself, wait for him to slip up and then pounce.

On the matter of support for impeachment, you need 27 votes to impeach, that is a lot of votes in congress. I recall the CPF moving an impeachment, Spencer I believe, with the support of DAL in IRC but not when it counted on the congress ballot. DAL turned coat and blamed it all on us, well, Framilosu did but that's another story. To successfully pull of an impeachment, all of the ducks should be lined up.

I think it would be wise to talk to the PP, particularly those that actually have seats in congress, and tee them up to pounce "when Wes hangs himself".

In the meantime, you have to graciously congratulate the guy on his victory.
Addy Lawrence
Addy Lawrence

Back to top Go down

Post  Auk Rest Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Impeach him is my vote as well. He cannot be trusted. I would rather this party be given some hurt for this motion than losing this country's money.
Auk Rest
Auk Rest

Back to top Go down

Post  James McNamara Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Addy Lawrence wrote:I still have access to this and I've been invited to comment.

I personally don't like Wes and I didn't vote for him. However, he appears poised to win the election based on the "rules of the game" and this must be respected.

To impeach out of spite is not good politics, people will only wait for a chance to strike you down in return out of spite. Wes has proven in the past that with enough rope he will hang himself, wait for him to slip up and then pounce.

On the matter of support for impeachment, you need 27 votes to impeach, that is a lot of votes in congress. I recall the CPF moving an impeachment, Spencer I believe, with the support of DAL in IRC but not when it counted on the congress ballot. DAL turned coat and blamed it all on us, well, Framilosu did but that's another story. To successfully pull of an impeachment, all of the ducks should be lined up.

I think it would be wise to talk to the PP, particularly those that actually have seats in congress, and tee them up to pounce "when Wes hangs himself".

In the meantime, you have to graciously congratulate the guy on his victory.

I agree with this
James McNamara
James McNamara

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Fram was a little bitch, I remember that, he was greedily anticipating being Pres after the Impeachment and then acted like he wasn't involved at all, when really he helped organize that shit. I'll only do it if there is wide spread support. But if Wes does steal shit I'm going to be really smug to everyone that voted him.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  James McNamara Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Spencer Magee wrote:
Fram was a little bitch, I remember that, he was greedily anticipating being Pres after the Impeachment and then acted like he wasn't involved at all, when really he helped organize that shit. I'll only do it if there is wide spread support. But if Wes does steal shit I'm going to be really smug to everyone that voted him.

If he fucks up the burn him at the stake, Very Happy

Also I know this is off topic but your avatar would look awesome with a monocle
James McNamara
James McNamara

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:00 pm

James McNamara wrote:
Spencer Magee wrote:

Yes...YES. I like that idea very much...I need someone with graphic design skills. Karsten ;_; You inactive tard
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  James McNamara Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:47 am

Spencer Magee wrote:
James McNamara wrote:
Spencer Magee wrote:

Yes...YES. I like that idea very much...I need someone with graphic design skills. Karsten ;_; You inactive tard

I tried Smile

How to Handle a Wes Lewis Win Durmon
James McNamara
James McNamara

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Gunter Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 am

Ok, so earlier this afternoon (Wed afternoon) I opened a new thread in ODC about the idea of impeaching Wes Lewis, essentially trying to take the temperature of Congress on this subject. Although there were some congressmen who were sympathetic to the fear of a Wes Lewis presidency, none are willing (at least publicly) to go through with it. At this point, there are 26 posts in the thread representing 17 congressmen, and the President and the VP - some have two posts.

Perhaps the one I found most striking is the one by the outgoing President:

Wes Lewis has been given a fantastic opportunity. He can silence all doubters and wipe the entire slate clean.

I would urge congress not to act hastily. Although I have severe doubts about Wes' competency and dedication, I would ask congress to consider this question:

What is the very worst that can happen while Wes is President?

He will not steal the amount of gold and CAD that Rolo did five months ago.
He cannot change the Citizens message without Congressional approval.
He will not declare war on anyone without Congressional approval.

To me, worst case scenario is stealing the government orgs and screwing us over if the Admins implement the new no-orgs rule. But I've sent the Admins a list of our main orgs, so I think we should be able to recover the big four (Bank, Vault, CND, Canadian Civil Defence) if the worst happens. Rolo swiped all the money from the bond drive, and we managed to pay them off in time. The same will be true if Wes steals the current bond drive gold. Let's say he fails to propose renewal of our critical MPP's. Well, France will soon sign a peace with us, and we would have 24 hours notice if UK decides to declare us natural enemy.

What is the best case scenario? He redeems himself before all of Canada and completes a term as President of Canada. Many of us have our doubts, myself included, but the potential for greatness is present.

I would ask that congress give him a window of opportunity to show us that he can be a serious leader. An impeachment attempt that fails will give him one week where he cannot be impeached. Please keep this in mind before pressing the button.

The damage that Wes could do appears to be rather minimal.

I am not convinced by Temujin's posts, but I am put a bit more at ease by it. There will be no Impeachment proposal tomorrow, unless it is by some renegade.

When I got home from work tonight, I read through the responses, and posted this:

Mr. Speaker,

I find myself quite amused by the Honorable Member from Alberta, who suggested I be banned for simply bringing forth a topic for discussion. Is he suggesting that I have sanctions against me for merely speaking with my colleagues, and taking the temperature our body, of Congress?

Alastar Angleis wrote:
I propose we impose a 96 hour ban on Wilhelm Gunter for trying to demoralize the democratic process by pre-emptively trying to Impeach an as of yet unelected CP candidate for his own selfish opinions.

He is making fun of the process and denigrating this institution in the process.

As to "my own selfish opinions" let me assure my honourable colleague, that they are not just mine, but that a sizable minority share them.

Nevertheless, I have now been able to read the thermometer I have inserted into our mouth, and indeed, it appears that we as a body have no desire to impeach at the moment.

Therefore, it makes no sense to bring forth an impeachment proposal ingame - the only fruit it could possibly bring forth would be harmful, in that we would be barred for 7 days from trying again.

My purpose with this thread has been served, and I ask you Mr. Speaker, that you lock this thread once 24 hours have passed from the time I began this thread, so that we give all congressmen who have not yet commented in this thread a further opportunity to do so.

To all of my other honourable colleagues who have commented, I thank you for your comments and thoughts. They have been quite helpful and insightful.

Respectfully

Wilhelm

Let's just ride out the storm, hope for the best, and POUNCE if and when Lewis messes up.

And oh - I found Alastar's response rather humerous.... AND hypocrtical.

Wilhelm Gunter
Wilhelm Gunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:03 am

Tem's putting pressure on him not to steal, he'll look even worse if he did it after that article of support.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Auk Rest Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Alastar's response made me laugh pretty hard. Guess who's butthurt?
Auk Rest
Auk Rest

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeDubs Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 pm

I had to laugh at the title of this topic. But yea, I'd say go with the flow right now. It's only a matter of time before he screws up...
JoeDubs
JoeDubs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down