Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PANAM Charter

+4
Wilhelm Gunter
Auk Rest
Exalted Druid
Spencer Magee
8 posters

Go down

PANAM Charter Empty PANAM Charter

Post  Spencer Magee Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:05 pm

I was wondering what the CPF's opinion on this new alliance is, and how you think we should approach it as a party?
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

PANAM Charter Empty Re: PANAM Charter

Post  Spencer Magee Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:10 pm

I can also share some insight form talking with some people in the government. There have been talks to bring France into the alliance as well.

Argentina is extremely anti-US and pro PEACE though.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Exalted Druid Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Can you link to a discussion thread to learn more?
Exalted Druid
Exalted Druid
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Well it is closed doors. But it may be moved to open congress soon.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Auk Rest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:10 pm

In the long run?

All I see is a trainwreck. The alliance is going to splinter or choose a side of EDEN or PHOENIX. From what is being said I see it as Brazil, Argentina and the United States getting to go wild and start killing the small states in South America (as if they weren't already). And then what? You have two continents full of allies and no wars. Sure invade France, but then what? Link with Poland?

But this is also caused due to the even more repetitiveness of the war module with offensive MPPs anyway. Just my opinon.
Auk Rest
Auk Rest

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Gunter Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:04 pm

I don't know what to think of it... I read one comment that said that from reactions the poster saw, only the US was considering it as legitimate idea.

Us congress critters haven't even seen what this so called charter is.

And I have an emotional affinity for Spain, Croatia, Romania, and to some extent Poland.

On the other hand, to be - potentially - in an alliance (EDEN if we stay) that ends up being opposed to the US (PANAM) would not be good for our interests.

And of course, I AM a supporter of the Brolliance... tight ties with the US.

I really don't know what to think.
Wilhelm Gunter
Wilhelm Gunter

Back to top Go down

Post  aeriala Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 pm

I have yet to see a full plan but atm am writing it off to another, hey lets jump the gun and do something stupid scheme. Seen enough o that in Tem's first term already. When there is real data and plans then maybe I could consider it more. Until then, why are ppl freaking, It's a dumbass plan with no data.
aeriala
aeriala

Back to top Go down

Post  James McNamara Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:45 am

I have no opinion as I have have been ignoring this game Very Happy And it seems like it was a wise move to do so
James McNamara
James McNamara

Back to top Go down

Post  Quado Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:59 am

hmm this is a good topic, have to say that if thigns stay how they are, it'll probably be ultimately better for Canada, but it will be alot funner if EDEN does bbreak up I'm thinking
Quado
Quado

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:10 am

Hey I found a draft of the Charter

PANAM Charter

Purpose:

As a group of nations long driven by the whims and wills of Europe, we have decided to move away from the infighting and Eurocentrism that existed in both EDEN and PHOENIX. As a result, we have created a new alliance in which we will be able to explore our own goals outside those of Europe. It is the mission of this alliance, that each member nation grow both economically and militarily as we seek a new chapter in each of our nations histories.

Terms:

1. Every member nation will agree to Mutual Protection Pacts with all the other nations in the alliance.

2. All member nations must pledge to defend other members in their time of need.

3. All members understand that this alliance is a brotherhood and not a dictatorship. As a result, we pledge to work together to mutually decide the goals for this alliance in which one nation is not favored over another nation because of military or economic might.

4. In the realization that this is a brotherhood, member nations understand that the particular goals of their nation may be put on hold for a while if the alliance agrees that there is a greater goal at stake.

5. Member nations will not be discriminated against based on past history in this game. Though members may have been enemies at one time, we have all entered a new chapter and as such we pledge to now work together despite past hatred.

6. The official religion of the alliance is Dioism and the official mascot is Mickey Mouse.

7. The founding members of this alliance are Argentina (Maybe), Brasil, Canada, Japan, and the United States of America. Other nations may be added to the alliance, but they must be unanimously voted in by the member nations.

8. Failure to adhere to the terms listed above will result in a forfeiture of membership.

Conclusion:

Let this be a new beginning for all of us, a new era in which we are able to explore our opportunities like we never have before. No longer are we driven by the demands of Europe, my friends we are finally free so let us rejoice.

Signatures:

This charter was signed by the Country Presidents of the founding member nations on Day insert day here of the New World.

All the signatures go here. Just a thought, I think it would be cool if the CP’s signed in MS Paint uploaded them onto imageshack and then we could insert them in here. If it is going to be a pain in the balls then whatever, I just thought it may look cool.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:30 pm

PANAM looks seriously weak and dysfunctional. Just an alliance based on American desire to be in their own alliance. I would not want to ever leave EDEN, or France would just roll us over.

Perhaps if America formalized their MPP with us only into a small alliance, then we wouldn't have to endanger our links with EDEN.
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  Exalted Druid Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Funky_Hum24n wrote:PANAM looks seriously weak and dysfunctional. Just an alliance based on American desire to be in their own alliance. I would not want to ever leave EDEN, or France would just roll us over.

Perhaps if America formalized their MPP with us only into a small alliance, then we wouldn't have to endanger our links with EDEN.

In other words lets not jump ship in the middle of a storm.
Exalted Druid
Exalted Druid
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Exalted Druid wrote:
Funky_Hum24n wrote:PANAM looks seriously weak and dysfunctional. Just an alliance based on American desire to be in their own alliance. I would not want to ever leave EDEN, or France would just roll us over.

In other words lets not jump ship in the middle of a storm.

Exactly. Apparently the Americans didn't even contact Temujin for assistance in creating this draft of the charter, can you believe that? And they didn't even INTEND to make a written charter in the first place for the alliance.

I have yet to see a congressman on our side support the idea, so if it comes to a vote in its present form PANAM is dead.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:51 pm

This whole thing is retarded. St Krems is an incompetent boob. The Americans are already passing this Charter through Congress and Temujin hasn't even told us what his role in the negotiations have been. He's been totally unhelpful. I say CPF members reject this treaty.
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  Auk Rest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:56 pm

"As a result, we have created a new alliance in which we will be able to explore our own goals outside those of Europe"

An alliance unconcerned with Europe? When the alliance is bored with dismantling poor tiny South America they are going to go there anyways or just sit around and feel proud of their accomplishment of killing nations with less than 1,000 people in it. Not since V1 has Europe ever been concerned with North America and Europe has never been concerned with South America.

Add to this the incompetence of Krems and the others wanting this to go through and we have got a whole boatload of fail ready to go.
Auk Rest
Auk Rest

Back to top Go down

Post  aeriala Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Aeriala for CP
aeriala
aeriala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content