Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media & The Seven Tenets of the CPF

+2
Termz
Wilhelm Gunter
6 posters

Go down

Media & The Seven Tenets of the CPF Empty Media & The Seven Tenets of the CPF

Post  Wilhelm Gunter Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:37 am

Ok, as a refresher, I'm re-posting the CPF's 7 Tenets here:

1. Support & Fund Canada's growing independent militias
2. Increase the efficiency of our Canadian Armed Forces
3. Advance our role in the Brolliance and EDEN
4. To respect and recognize the mechanics of the game
5. Ensure responsible government for eCanada
6. Facilitate the development of new players
7. To encourage growth and stability to the eCanadian economy, by supporting and maintaining the well-being of it's citizens

What I would like to do over the next 3 1/2 weeks is to have a public campaign or article or some sort of action, reflecting EACH of our 7 tenents. Afterall, what good are they if we, as a a party collectively, do nothing about them? Smile

I'm looking for ideas and volunteers who are willing to help implement them. I'm prepared to a large share of the work myself, but I want this to be a CPF project, not a Wilhelm project.

Here are some ideas I have had (the numbers represent each tenet). Please fell free to add your input in subsequent posts here, and ensure your numbers correspond with the tenet you are talking about.

1. Buy food for the militia members.
Write an article praising their efforts (research some data, or ask some members for info)

2. What better way to increase the "efficiency" of our armed forces than to give 1 gold to (all?) members of the CAF to train for one day, at the 200% booster?

3. I have only heard Tem's side of the story - and not the US or Spain's side, but recent MPP's we have signed (Mexico, Venezuela) have cause our MPP's with those 2 nations to go 'POOF!' One is an Eden nation, the other is our founding partner in the Brolliance. With appropriate & accurate research/information, this could make a good article questioning what kind of path Tem is leading us down (or away from?).

4. To be honest, I'm not sure what is meant by this tenet. Perhaps someone can explain it to me, and offer ideas about how to promote this tenet.

5. This could be tied in with #3. What path is Tem leading us on? Is this a good governance issue? Getting perspectives of other EDEN nations and the US might help us out here... hearing only Canadian media sources can cause for tunnel vision.

6. We need to have some VISIBLE way to show to ourselves, and others, we are reaching out to new players. Let's face it - very rarely do people involved in politics cross the floor. Growth is almost entirely due to new players. How are we attracting them? Are we reaching out to them? Do we really show an interest in them (this involves time and, to some extent, funds), or are we treating them like numbers? For example, inviting new players to the CPF is a good idea, and even better is offering them help & aid EVEN IF in the end they choose not to join us. We WANT more Canadians and healthy, involved eCanadians, and by making offers of help and aid which are NOT dependent on them joining us creates a positive image of the party. In the end, this in itself could cause many to join us who were on the fence or not initially interested.

7. I'm probably one of the last persons to talk about economic issues. I'm at a loss here, folks. Your ideas folks.

Wilhelm.

Edit: I also have about 50 Gold I can contribute personally to any expenses arising from this.
Wilhelm Gunter
Wilhelm Gunter

Back to top Go down

Media & The Seven Tenets of the CPF Empty Re: Media & The Seven Tenets of the CPF

Post  Termz Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:03 am

Interesting idea ;o, tell me if you need any help with this. I'll do anything but supplies and PMing ;P.
Termz
Termz

http://termz.mindhackers.org

Back to top Go down

Media & The Seven Tenets of the CPF Empty Re: Media & The Seven Tenets of the CPF

Post  Quado Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:11 pm

hmm, Sounds like a good plan.

One thing though, if the party president, and the party members don't know what a tenet means. there is no reason to keep it on. Our tenets should be constantly evolving to suit the needs of a growing erepublik, canada, and alliances.

So, instead of our fourth tenet being about game mechanics. we should make it about something that will be able to be something our party can rally behind.

Some suggestions might be something about role-playing or fun. but while that's important, other organizations have done that already, and it might be best to try setting ourselves apart from other people.

I don't have any current suggestions right now, but then we are basically limited to something which supports the inside of canada, like our military, economy, government, new player roles. OR something promoting canada on the world stage, like our alliance tenet is. A good starting place may be something that says that we'll encourage the advertisement of canada and it's people to foriegn countries to promote immigration or something.

Just a few thoughts of mine :p
Quado
Quado

Back to top Go down

Post  Quado Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Also, one of the easiest ways to meet new players and get easily involved with them is having a company which hires new players. In this way, they already are sorta trusting you and take your opinion into effect with a lot more weight.

Quado
Quado

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:23 pm

lol, number 4 is the most utilised of all the tenets when CPF members debate things. It means that we value the mechanics over things like roleplaying or stuff setup in the eCan forum. That all things should have a basis from the game and/or be used to have an effect in the game. We share this view with the Norsefire Party, though they would prefer if they were seen as the only pro-military/game mechanics out there. We cannot let that happen.

for 6 we help them with the Praetors, giving the oppurtunity for a salary and support while fighting. We should also encourage that we accept any CPF willing to join our forum to become a congressman, president, cabinet pos., etc.

There's also the new missions feature we can help them with.

7. Ask Addy. Razz
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  Quado Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:04 pm

well! will you look at that. learning stuff already Razz
Quado
Quado

Back to top Go down

Post  curtis l Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Maybe we should add something to number four to make it clearer then?

For number seven, I remember we made that to replace focusing our economy on preparedness, which was a leftover from before the transition to V2.

curtis l

Back to top Go down

Post  Auk Rest Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Tenet number four should be removed, and we should PM Addy about number seven or interpret it ourselves.

Let me make sure this is clear -- in the upcoming weeks we will release an article about how we reflect our tenets?
Auk Rest
Auk Rest

Back to top Go down

Post  Funky_Hum24n Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Auk Rest wrote:Tenet number four should be removed, and we should PM Addy about number seven or interpret it ourselves.

Let me make sure this is clear -- in the upcoming weeks we will release an article about how we reflect our tenets?
Why should number 4 be removed?
Funky_Hum24n
Funky_Hum24n

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871

Back to top Go down

Post  Auk Rest Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:43 pm

"To respect and recognize the aspects of the game"

It doesn't really mean anything.
Auk Rest
Auk Rest

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelm Gunter Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Auk Rest wrote:

That's entirely possible we do that Auk, but you're our media guy - so I'll leave the ball in your court. My point in bringing this up, is I wanted to do something active (as a party) reflecting each tenet, so that these are not just words, but beliefs which lead to actions.

Wilhelm Gunter
Wilhelm Gunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down