Canadian Progressive Front
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened There?

+4
Nirque
Damien Wolf
Wilhelm Gunter
devilcarrier
8 posters

Go down

What happened There? Empty What happened There?

Post  devilcarrier Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm

CrazyMofo13 abandoned our party in the most damaging way he was able to devise. People who were not there at the time have asked "What happened?" CrazyMofo13 wrote an article hinting at why he did what he did, but it did not clearly say what had been the cause of his rage quit.
On the day that he quit, a thread questioning Crazy's performance had been started. The following is the text of an analysis I made that day of what was in that thread:

Today, a vile and poisonous thread was started in the CPF forum by JB Furglar. Although he stated that his goal was to make the party better, the thread made me sick. One statement late in the controversy that JB Furglar made caused me to make an analysis of who said what. This is his statement: "You were the one who made it a personal attack. Not me I never mentioned your leadership, only your election policies."

I'd like to note the name of the thread that JB started is "A Disappointing Performance." Not "A Disappointing Result" or even "A Disappointing Policy."

JB didn't start by name calling. He just used a clever juxtaposition of the name Crazy with disparaging words.

..."our SVT strategy was, this term, despite all the excellent hard work people like Curtis L and Crazy put in, not good enough"

See, the subject of the clause is really the strategy, so it reads grammatically that the strategy is not good enough, but by including Curtis and Crazy's name in between the subject and the predicate he seems to imply that Crazy was not good enough.
Homeless Joe doesn't jump to the bait, he just respecfully disagrees with JB, pointing out some of the problems the party had suffered that term.

So, JB took it upon himself to answer in rebuttal and again uses the same method as before. Linking Crazy with the words "absolutely woeful". Of course, grammatically he is saying the congressional performance was woeful not Crazy.

"Crazy has done some ground groundwork, I won't deny it and he is doing a good job as it is, but whichever way you look at it, the congressional performance was absolutely woeful"
Well, Crazy was provoked. He'd been up late and was himself disappointed with the results we had got. He made an attack on JB. He didn't call him any names but he did say such things as this, "You attempting to undermine everything and making a false claim of performing an analysis to try and garner political points within the CPF pisses me off."

JB was now in his glory. Having provoked Crazy's attack he countered with the first real name calling... Cleverly, he starts the sentence with a claim that he isn't pointing a finger... "...you have no place to criticise it this isn't a finger pointing thread, if you want to start one, do so elsewhere, it's not befitting behaviour of a leader."

Having stated that Crazy may not point fingers, JB hardly holds himself to the same standard, as he states later in the posting: "Firstly, I have to say, this is some of the worst behaviour I have ever seen from a party leader, I thought considerably more of you than this, so therefore I can start to see a lot of reasoning behind our electoral difficulties and it is most certainly not coming from the fact that plenty of people worked hard."

There were other posts by other people and at no time did anyone else stoop to name calling. However, time after time, JB made statements like this: "Leaders are meant to act as a unifying body, somebody who leads, not splits the party. You're doing the exact opposite, that isn't political posturing, that's obvious observance of disgraceful behaviour."

Finally, realizing that this thread was making us all sick, Crazy Mofo locked it.

JB's response was to start another, which he said would not be about personalities, only ideas. These were his opening words... "Unfortunately, due to CrazyMofo's inability to respond to some constructive criticism, the previous thread was unfortunately locked..." Obviously, JB thought it would be a better idea to draw attention to the forgoing poisonous thread. So he provided a handy link to it.

After getting in his opinion that CrazyMofo is unable to respond to constructive criticism, he states a rule for the thread: "I wish to use this new threat to hopefully, discuss constructively and like adults (And may I restress, if you have nothing constructive to say, please leave it out) the way in which to proceed forward with our electoral strategy."

Is JB Furglar the boss? Gosh he seems to think so, (I've often noticed that he likes to set rules for others.) but Crazy posted a reply that said: "Furglar the thread was locked because of it going off topic. If you noticed, it was not deleted so trying to add an attack in here goes against the very last point you made in that thread. If you want to continue this back and forth I am game. Stop with the political posturing."

JB didn't think his rule about discussing constructively like adults applied to himself I guess, as he seemed to get off topic with his reply.

"You were the one who made it a personal attack. Not me I never mentioned your leadership, only your election policies. The thread was locked because you were trying to save face, not because it was off topic."

This claim that he had never mentioned Crazy's leadership was what caused me to make this analysis.

Now JB Furglar writes many many words. I too am able to write walls of words, but I kept my only addition to the double thread to this terse statement.

"Crazy Mofo has my complete and continuing support as party leader and my heartfelt thanks for the contributions he has made and is making to the CPF."

JB took time to address this posting though..."@Devilcarrier- Take it elsewhere, this is a policy for policy discussion, not leader loyalty."

(I'd feel hurt that JB spoke to me like a misbehaving student, but he speaks down to me a lot. Not only to me though. Has anyone else noticed that?)

Later, in the busness only part of the thread, JB made this revealing but ridiculous statement: "Furthermore, we need to work on election strategy which will require another policy document detailing our targets for the next election and how we intend to achieve them, this sense of direction attracts memebers, which is what we need,and while the next election will of course, possibly by the portfolio of a new PP (Or Crazy returning), we must have a firm stern party line to avoid any future disappointing performances."

To which, I replied:
"I totally disagree with this statement: "we must have a firm stern party line to avoid any future disappointing performances."

I disagree, firstly that we have witnessed a disappointing performance. Disappointing results perhaps.

Secondly, if strategic voting is to be done, surely it needs to be flexible. I have very limited experience with it but it seems to be at least as much an art as a science. Hence, to attempt to encode policy in party law would tie the hands of those who guide it.

Thirdly, I wonder if the methods used to guide the SVT this term were substantially different than those which gave such happy results last term? If so, lets change back to the old system; if not, lets not immediately throw out a system which has proven to be effective in the past."

Some members posted in agreement with my statement, and finally, Addy posted a welcome ending to the thread by saying we all support the leadership of Crazymofo13 and that those who do not should "GTFO". I thought Addy's crisp response was so fitting, that I mothballed this analysis.

After Crazymofo13 ragequit however, other people were wondering what had happened. If he quit because of JB Furglar's postings, which I sort of doubt, (he talked about hidden plotting against him.) the above is my best answer to the question "What happened there?"

devilcarrier

Back to top Go down

What happened There? Empty Re: What happened There?

Post  Wilhelm Gunter Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:40 am

Very very good analysis, DC. Your insight is quite on target, regarding the back and forth between JB and Crazy.
Wilhelm Gunter
Wilhelm Gunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Wolf Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:46 am

JB is someone i call a friend, he was the one who helped me out at the start and i am very thankful to him. But on that note i am also thankful to Crazy because he is the reason i started coming back to Party Politics and learned what a true Praetor is about.
The analysis, has to be said, is a brilliant one. i personally was inactive during that period and was confused about the whole thing. I didnt think Crazy failed in any way as a leader and i think it was childish for JB to criticize him in public when he couldve talked to him privately.
"Apologize in public, criticize in private."
Thats a motto i live by. But i think Crazy also showed his rather childish side by quitting and leaving the party and everyone who trusted him high and dry.

It's good to know what exactly happened and i thank you devilcarrier for putting it in a straight and simple manner.
Damien Wolf
Damien Wolf

http://erepavatars.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirque Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:01 pm

Couldn't be better!
I'm a witness and I'm fully agree of what DC has explained.

I also remember that CrazyMofo13 had a very busy day prior to the elections, in just 2 days he sent PM to all CPF members, even he took a day off in RL. He mentioned that "his head was still dizzy" on the beginning of the first topic (it was in the morning I think).
Nirque
Nirque

Back to top Go down

Post  Spencer Magee Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Man, I am way too old school, every time you say JB I'm thinking Jbdivinus
Spencer Magee
Spencer Magee

Back to top Go down

Post  jbdivinus Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:19 pm

thats the way it should be

jbdivinus

Back to top Go down

Post  Exalted Druid Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Very good analysis. I believe the thread was the fuse but not the final powder keg the set Crazy off. I would like to see your analysis of the final rant. I wonder if will ever see these copied PM's which he says he sent to 2 people.
Exalted Druid
Exalted Druid
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirque Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Spencer Magee wrote:Man, I am way too old school, every time you say JB I'm thinking Jbdivinus

Haha me too!
Nirque
Nirque

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy Lawrence Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Yeah, there is only one jb and its divinus.

The other guy is furglar.
Addy Lawrence
Addy Lawrence

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Wolf Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 pm

lol yah, my bad Razz
Damien Wolf
Damien Wolf

http://erepavatars.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum